One of these days I’m going to figure out how to be a better multi-tasker. Or plan-aheader. At least I have a good excuse for this week-long IAYB silence: Yoga Festival Montreal, which has dominated my life for the past seven months, but most intensively over the past week. It was an honour and a pleasure to be one of the organizers (and co-founders) of this event, which drew together the brightest and best of Montreal’s yoga community. After three 14-hour days, I’m almost starting to feel normal and think again.
I’m still processing the weekend, so even though I feel like I should give some kind of run-down or highlights, all I can say is: Do it! Get some people together and start a yoga festival in your town, wherever you are! Get to know the hidden yoga gems on the side streets and alleyways of your community! Be surprised and delighted by the wisdom and skill in your own backyard.
Anyway, not only have I been catching up on sleep, but I’ve been catching up on what’s been happening in the bigger yoga sphere (my virtual community). This is what I’ve missed over the past week:
- The people of Turkey are rising up. I love me a good revolution, so I’ve been following the story closely. Not surprisingly, yoga has popped up on the front lines.
- Carol Horton delivered an articulate rant (analysis, really) of the religious right vs yoga trial in Encinatas.
- This Republican guy thinks yoga puts people at risk for satanic possession.
- And then The Babarazzi put Prancercise head-to-head against that wacky Dana Flynn (guess who won?).
- Remember the Lululemon see-through pants fiasco? Well, we can all breathe easy again – the great yoga pants shortage of 2013 is officially over. Lululemon put recalled pants styles back on store shelves, and analysts are predicting a positive first quarter. How about that?
Back to business as usual! Stick around for the IAYB content that you know and love. And I promise I won’t abandon you again.